Talcum powder is made from a mineral called "talc" that is ground to a fine consistency. Talcum powder is commonly used to care for rashes and chafing on children and adults, as well. The powder is sold in many grocery and drugstores and is fairly inexpensive. However, some individuals may wish to create their own talcum powder at home to reduce costs and control the substances used.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Baking soda
- Arrowroot powder
- Sealable container
- Essential oil (if desired)
Combine ½ cup baking soda and ½ cup cornstarch. Sift the cornstarch first if necessary, to break up any clumps.
Add 1 cup of arrowroot powder.
Add a few drops of fragrant essential oil, if desired.
Mix the ingredients well and store them in a sealable container.
Tips and warnings
- Use caution not to inhale the powder, as this may cause breathing problems. Consult a physician if the powder is inhaled.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for