The L'Oreal Group is an international cosmetics and beauty company. Its brands include L'Oreal Paris, which offers a line of Superior Preference hair colour. (The brand is known as Recital Preference in Europe). The hair colour is available in a traditional liquid formula and a creme formula. You apply the traditional formula to your hair like shampoo.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- L'Oreal Superior Preference Hair Color
Open the box of hair colour and put on the plastic gloves provided.
Open the developer liquid (usually a white liquid in the larger, applicator-style bottle) and the gel colourant.
Pour the gel colourant into the developer bottle. Put your finger on the open tip and shake until the gel and liquid mixture is totally blended. The white liquid will have taken on the colour of the colourant gel.
Use the applicator bottle to squeeze the hair colour all over dry, unwashed hair. If you want all-over colour, make sure to cover your hair roots to ends. If you have grey hair, apply the colour to that part of your hair first. Spread the colour through your hair like shampoo, then pile your hair on top of your head and secure it with a barrette or clip.
Let the hair colour set for 25 minutes. (If you have grey in your hair, leave it on for 35 minutes.) Put a little warm water on your hair from the sink or shower and lather like shampoo, then rinse your hair completely. Use the included conditioner to finish the process if you want.
Tips and warnings
- If your hair is short or you are just colouring the new growth at the roots of your hair, you can use half a bottle. The remaining colour cannot be saved.
- You should conduct a couple of tests before using a new hair colour. The first is a patch test to make sure you are not allergic to the product. Apply a small amount of the hair colour mixture to you inner elbow. Wait 48 hours to see if any skin rash appears. The second test is a strand test. Apply the hair colour to a strand of hair that can't usually be seen. Process for the regular time and check the results to make sure the colour takes to your hair and colours it correctly.
- Don't comb colour through hair; it might cause breakage.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for