Sugar ants are drawn to sweet things and they often come inside the house looking for their sugary meals. If you have been dealing with a sugar ant infestation, and you need a cheap and easy way to get rid of them, create a sugar ant catcher. A sugar ant catcher allows you to eradicate the vast bulk of sugar ants from your home, and it can be created using items that are easy to find.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Glass jar with lid
- Toilet paper
Mix ¼ cup of borax with 1/4 cup of sugar in a bowl.
Crumple three squares of toilet paper into one tight ball, allowing it to expand naturally after you let it go.
Place the ball of toilet paper into a glass jar.
Pour the sugar and borax solution into the glass jar on top of the toilet paper.
Fill the jar with water, leaving 1 inch of space at the top.
Puncture the lid of the jar several times by using a hammer to pound a nail through it.
Screw the perforated lid onto the jar.
Place the jar in a location where you know the sugar ants go.
Tips and warnings
- Place multiple jars out if you have multiple points of infestation.
- Do not place the sugar ant trap where young children or animals can reach it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for