The PSX emulator allows you to play PlayStation 1 games on your computer. It is designed to save game data to the emulated memory card, just as game data is saved to a PlayStation 1 gaming console with a physical memory card.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Unzipping software (available online)
- SCPH1001.bin (obtained from your PlayStation 1 console)
Visit the 7zip website (7-zip.org) to download 7-zip, the CNET website(download.CNET.com) to download 7-zip RAR Extract Frog or the RARLAB website (www.rarlab.com)to download 7-zip WinRAR. Choose your preferred progam, and download the program capable of opening and extracting a RAR archive. As of May 2011, the 7-zip and RAR Extract program are free, while WinRAR offers a 30-day trial. Double-click on the set-up file of the RAR program you downloaded to set-up the program. Click on the "Next" button and choose a directory to install the program to by clicking on the specific directory on your computer. Click "OK" to finish the installation.
Visit the PSX Emulator website (psxemulator.gazaxian.com) and click on the latest version of the emulator to download it. As of May 2011, the "v1.13" is the most current release. Double-click on the PSX.RAR archive to open it.
Create a folder on your computer by right-clicking in the "C:/" directory on your computer and scroll down to "New Folder" and click on it. Name the folder "PSX." Open the PSX.RAR archive and drag the contents out of the archive to the "PSX" folder on your computer and drop them to copy them into the folder. Create a folder in the "PSX" folder and name it "BIOS." Transfer the "SCPH1001.bin" file to the "BIOS" directory by dragging and dropping the file.
Double-click on the PSX executable to launch the PSX emulator. Click on "File" at the top of the emulator screen. Move your cursor down and select "Configuration" by clicking on it.
Locate the "Memory Cards" tab and click on it. Enter a name for the memory card and click on the "OK" button once you are finished to successfully create and name the emulated memory card.
Click on "File" and "Insert CD Image" if you have a PSX image on your hard drive. Browse for the PSX ISO, BIN, IMG, NRG or other PSX image format and click on it to select it. If you have the PSX game on a CD, insert the CD into your computer's CD-ROM drive and click on "File" and "Insert CD Drive" to select the PSX game.
Press the F6 key while playing your PSX game to save your game. Press the F1 key to load your game save.
Tips and warnings
- The PSX emulator has the ability to save up to five different game saves on the PSX emulated memory card. The different save slots are known as save states. To change save states, simply select a different save slot when saving your game. Research and obtain the "SCPH1001.bin" file yourself from your legally owned PlayStation 1 console. The "SCPH1001.bin" file is the PlayStation 1 console system file needed for the system to operate. Obtaining the "SCPH1001.bin" file involves burning a BIOS dumper program to a blank CD-R and loading it on your PlayStation 1 to dump, or copy the SCPH1001.bin file.
- Only use PlayStation 1 games that you legally own through the PSX emulator. Piracy is illegal. Downloading the "SCPH1001.bin" file is illegal. Obtain the "SCPH1001.bin" file from your legally owned PlayStation 1 console.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for