In order to purchase items online, either in e-commerce stores or on auction sites, such as eBay, you need a secure payment method. PayPal offers the choice to pay with funds from either your PayPal account or a regular bank account. Once you add your bank account information, you will need to confirm it. Confirmation is either instant or takes a few days, depending on which option you choose. If you choose instant confirmation, you must be willing to enter in the ID and password to your financial institution. PayPal does not save this information -- the company uses it only to verify your bank account information.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Navigate to the PayPal website. Enter your e-mail address and PayPal password, then click the "Log In" button.
Click the "Profile" link under the main navigation tabs. Click "My Money," and "Update" next to your bank account information, and then click "Confirm." Alternatively, select "Bank Accounts" under "Financial Information," and click "Confirm."
Enter in the user ID and password to your banking institution. Wait for a few moments, until the window pops up that tells you PayPal confirmed your account.
Instant Bank Confirmation
Log in to your PayPal account and navigate to your profile page, then to your bank account information under "My Money." Click "Update" next to "Bank Accounts" and then "Confirm."
Check for two small amounts deposited into your bank account by PayPal, via telephone or at your bank's nearest branch. It may be two to three days before they show up.
Log back into your PayPal account and navigate to your bank account information.
Click "Confirm" and enter the deposit amounts into the two boxes, and then click "Submit."
Confirming Via Deposit
Tips and warnings
- The name on your bank account needs to exactly match the name on your PayPal account, or you will not be able to confirm it.
- PayPal accepts most accredited banks and credit unions, but if you see a "Confirmation Disallowed" message, it may mean your financial institution doesn't qualify.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for