The Amazon Kindle ebook reader automatically archives your purchased books and content on Amazon.com. When you delete a purchased item from your Kindle, the item is removed from the Kindle and a listing is created in the "Archived Items" section of the device. If you want to view the content at a later time, you can recover it by selecting it from the Archived Items list. To clear the Archived Items list, you need to access your Amazon account from a computer and delete the backups from your Amazon account.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Log into Amazon.com with your username and password. Click "Sign in" at the top of the Amazon home page to access the login screen.
Click the "Your Account" link at the top right of your Amazon home page.
Scroll down to the "Digital Content" section and click "Manage Your Kindle."
Scroll down to the "Your Orders" section of the "Manage Your Kindle" page. Locate the content you want to delete using the "Search" option or the navigation buttons at the bottom of the display window.
Click the "+" button next to the title you want to delete. Press the "Delete this Title" button to remove it from your Archived Items.
Tips and warnings
- Once a title is removed from "Your Orders" you will not be able to re-download the title to your Kindle. To view the content again, you will need to repurchase the content from Amazon.
- Deleting personal content (content not purchased through Amazon.com) from your Kindle will remove it from the device permanently. If you do not have a backup copy of the content on your computer, you will not be able to access it again.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for