Because liver is an organ meat, its flavour is usually rich and intense. Often beef liver from calves provides the most palatable meat because the flavours have less time to intensify. When you prepare this meat, marinate beef liver before cooking it. By marinating the liver, the meat fibres will become tender and the flavour will mellow to make a delicious beef liver meal. This recipe marinates 1 pound of liver.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Glass bowl
- Two lemons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp chives
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Shallow glass dish
- Cling film
Juice the lemons and place the juice into the glass bowl. Measure and add the olive oil, white wine vinegar, parsley, chives, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix the ingredients well.
Rinse the liver with hot water and loosen the membrane covering the meat with your fingers. As you hold the liver under hot running water, pull the membrane off the liver and discard it.
Place the liver into the shallow glass dish.
Pour the marinade over the liver, and flip it several times to coat all sides of the meat with the marinade.
Cover the dish with cling film and place it in the refrigerator. Chill the liver in the refrigerator for about two hours.
Remove the liver from the glass dish and discard the marinade.
Tips and warnings
- If you wish to use the marinade for cooking the liver, boil the marinade first before cooking with it.
- Choose beef liver in the lightest shade possible for liver with the most mellow flavour.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for