If you frequently download movies using the Internet, you may enjoy watching them on the 17.3-inch screen of your Dell Inspiron 1750 notebook. However, while the Inspiron 1750 has a large screen for a notebook, the screen is smaller than most current televisions. The Inspiron 1750 has an output port that you can use to display video on an external display; use this port to connect the notebook to your television and enjoy movies on a large screen.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- VGA video cable
- Television with VGA video input
Connect either end of the VGA video cable to the video output port on the left side of the Inspiron 1750.
Connect the other end of the VGA video cable to the VGA video input on the back of your television.
Push the "VGA" or "Aux" button on your television's remote control to configure the television to accept video through the VGA input.
Push the "Fn" and "F8" keys on the Inspiron 1750 keyboard simultaneously to begin sending video to the television.
Tips and warnings
- Some televisions do not have VGA video inputs. However, adaptors exist to convert a signal from a VGA cable to other types of video connections, such as component and HDMI. Purchase the appropriate adaptor for the video input connection available on your television.
- If the text displayed by your computer is too small to read while it is connected to your television, right-click the desktop and select "Screen Resolution" to lower the display resolution and increase the size of the text.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for