Many people who work in health care facilities have stethoscopes. These medical devices play a vital part of routine exams, allowing doctors and nurses to listen to a patient's heart and lungs. Stethoscopes all have a similar appearance, but using a stethoscope ID tag helps make them easily identifiable to the users. Creating your own ID tag allows you to customise it, allowing your personality to show.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Thin cardboard
- Ribbon or string
- Craft glue
- Decorative craft supplies
Cut two identical, small pieces of thin cardboard in a shape that you prefer. The shape can be circular, oval, square or other. Make sure the shapes are no bigger than approximately 1 inch by 1 inch so as not to interfere with stethoscope use.
Punch two holes large enough for the ribbon or coloured string of your choice to pass through, on either side of one of the cardboard shapes.
Cut a piece of string approximately 6 inches long. Thread the string into one hole, across the shape and into the other hole. Pull the string tight across the top of the shape so two even pieces hang down from either side.
Cover the top of the cardboard shape and the section of string on top with a thin layer of craft glue. Press the matching cardboard shape into place on the top. Allow adequate time for the glue to dry.
Decorate the cardboard shape in the method of your choice. Ideas include painting a picture with acrylic paints, decoupaging a tiny photograph on the front or covering it with decorative fabric.
Attach the finished product to your stethoscope by knotting the ribbon into place around your desired location. Cut away any excess ribbon so it doesn't interfere with the stethoscope's use.
Tips and warnings
- Stethoscope ID tags may provide a visual means of identification only. For safety, some medical professionals opt to keep their full names off of the tags entirely. Paint or write your first initial and last name on the back of your ID tag if you wish to include this additional means of identification.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for