Flipped-out hair looks bouncy and youthful, especially when you blend fringe into the look. People who don't have much natural body or have unruly curls can coax their hair into the shape they want. The right styling products and tools will help you achieve this casual hairstyle. Wear flipped fringe with hair up or curl the whole head for a flowing style. Any length of hair can achieve this as long as fringe are long enough to curl.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Styling gel
- Wide-tooth comb
- 1 1/2-inch barrel curling iron
- Vent brush
Wash and condition your hair as you normally do. Towel dry the hair to remove excess water.
Squirt a dime-sized amount of styling gel into the palm of your hand. Rub the gel into the tips of your fringe and anywhere else your hair needs added control.
Comb through your fringe with a wide-tooth comb to distribute the styling product evenly.
Plug in a 1 1/2-inch barrel curling iron so it will be warmed when your ready to use it. Set the iron to a lower setting if your hair is fine and a higher setting if you hair is thicker.
Brush your hair with a vent brush while blow drying it on the low setting. To get the flip you want, grab the hair with the brush, twisting it slightly outwards as you reach the end. Continue to blow dry the fringe until hair has dried in the shape you want.
Slide the curling iron over the fringe, wrapping the hair upwards around the barrel. Hold the iron in place for 5 to 10 seconds, then gently release it.
Set your style by misting hairspray on the fringe.
Tips and warnings
- For a wavier look, curl all of your hair slightly with the curling iron, not just your fringe.
- If you'd like your fringe to have extra curl, spray them with hairspray before you release the hair from the curling iron (see Step 6).
- For a less controlled curl, brush your fringe out with a vent brush before setting your style with hairspray.
- Do not curl your hair while it's wet; you might damage it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for