When the movie "The Wizard of Oz" debuted in 1939, viewers fell in love with the delightful characters that helped Dorothy find her way to the Wizard and eventually back home. Among these characters is the Tin Man. If you want to recreate the Tin Man costume for Halloween or your next costume party, you will need little more than some old clothes and a funnel.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Long-sleeve shirt
- Silver spray paint
- Dryer vent tubes
- Safety pins
- Silver face paint
- Silver lipstick
- Auto funnel
- Silver ribbon
- Hot glue
Cover your work surface in newspaper or trash bags. Tape the edges of the newspaper or trash bags down to the work surface. This protects it from damage while you make your costume.
Put a pair of trousers and a long-sleeve shirt on the covered work surface. Paint the front and back of the clothing using silver spray paint. Put a pair of socks, gloves and shoes on the work surface. Spray paint all sides of these, as well. Spray paint a large auto funnel with the silver spray paint. Let the spray paint dry completely.
Cover your entire face with silver face paint, including your eyelids, ears and neck. Leave your lips uncolored.
Apply silver-coloured lipstick to your lips.
Attach two pieces of silver ribbon to the inside edge of the funnel to hold the funnel in place. Using hot glue, attach the ends of the ribbon to the inside edge on either side of the funnel. Tie the ribbons under your chin. Each piece of ribbon should be at least 12-inches long. Wear all components together.
Tips and warnings
- To save money, use some of your old clothing to spray paint, or visit your local thrift store to buy some cheap used clothes to paint.
- For a more detailed look, attach two dryer vent tubes on your legs and two on your arms. Cut the tubes to your arm and leg length. Slide your arms through the tubes. Secure them at the top of your leg and arms using a safety pin. Push the safety pin through the tube and into the fabric of your clothing to secure it. Use three safety pins per tube, spaced evenly around.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for