In League of Legends, many players use custom skins and particles to alter the appearance of their favourite champions. Spell effects, icons and splash images may also be modified. Unlike official skins, custom skins can only be applied to the player's game client; other players will not be able to see the modified champion. Furthermore, installing custom skins and particles take time. Official skins, on the other hand, are automatically installed and activated upon purchase.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Download your preferred particles package.
Extract your custom particles from the compressed folder. To do this, right-click on the file icon, and choose "Extract All."
Open your League of Legends game folder. If you are using the US client, the default game folder is at "C:\Riot Games\League of Legends." If you are using the EU client, the default game folder is at "C:\Program Files\Riot Games\League of Legends." If you are not sure where your game folder is, right-click your League of Legends shortcut icon, choose "Properties," and then click "Open File Location" under the "Shortcut" tab.
Open the folder named "game" and then go to "DATA."
Open the "Particles" folder. If you cannot find the folder, create one with that name and then open it. Copy the extracted files and then paste them here.
Tips and warnings
- Some custom particles are compressed in "RAR" format. You will need to install a third-party archiving utility to handle these files. Examples are WinRAR, 7Zip or Hamster Free Zip Archiver (see Resources). WinRAR is not free, but you may use its trial version for the time being.
- To uninstall your particles, just delete them from the "Particles" folder.
- Be sure to scan packages that you download using a good antispyware or antivirus program before extracting them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for