Felt circles have a variety of uses in sewing and crafting projects. Whether you use them for applique on other fabrics or you create imaginative items like children's play food out of felt fabric, felt is an affordable and effective craft material. When you need felt circles, create a simple assembly line to produce perfectly shaped and sized circles for your craft project.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Circle template (jar lid, glass, small plate, old thread spool or cut-out cardboard circle)
- White fabric marker
Position the circle template on the felt. If you have many circles to make, place the template on the felt to enable you to fit as many circles as possible on the felt.
Hold the template with your non-dominant hand.
Trace around the outside edge of the template with the white fabric marker. Trace slowly and carefully to avoid making mistakes with the marker.
Move the template and trace around the template again. Make as many circle shapes as you need and then set the template aside.
Cut around the circles with the scissors. Position the blades of the scissors just inside the white fabric marker lines and cut carefully to avoid making mistakes.
Continue cutting until you cut out each circle you drew.
Tips and warnings
- Sew felt circles onto a blanket for fun applique shapes. Felt circles are the foundation of felt foods such as pies, cookies, pancakes and fruits like oranges and grapes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for