PowerISO is a disc imaging program developed by PowerISO Computing, Inc. The software allows users to backup an entire CD or DVD to a single .ISO disc image archive file on their computer's hard drive. You can use PowerISO to create an .ISO backup of a Xbox 360 game for archival purposes if your original disc is lost, damaged, or stolen. Making an .ISO backup of your Xbox 360 game takes approximately 25 minutes.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Xbox 360 game disc
- DVD drive
Turn on your computer and download the PowerISO application (see Resources). Install the program and restart your computer. Eject your DVD drive's disc tray, insert the Xbox 360 game you wish to copy, then close the tray. Run PowerISO.
Click the "Copy" button at the top of the program. A new window will appear, so select the DVD drive where your Xbox 360 game is. Click the ".iso file" box under "Destination File," then select a location on your hard drive to store the .ISO file.
Click "OK" and PowerISO will begin copying the entire Xbox 360 DVD to a single .ISO file on your computer. Eject the Xbox 360 game when the copying process is completed.
Tips and warnings
- You will need approximately 8.5 GB of free space to copy an Xbox 360 DVD to an .ISO file
- Creating backup copies of Xbox 360 game DVD discs you do not own is illegal under the Digital Copyright Millennium Act.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for