Twitter is a micro blog -- a way for you to get updates from friends, business contacts and even your favourite celebrities. While some people might be proud of the Twitter stats displayed on the sidebar, you might have a good reason for wanting to keep your stats private. Twitter doesn't offer an option for making followers invisible. However, a workaround: change the font colour on your page to hide the text.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Click "Settings" in your Twitter menu bar and then click "Design."
Click "Change design colours" and then click a colour block under the "sidebar" option. Choose any colour you like.
Click a colour block under "links." Choose the same colour you chose for the sidebar in Step 2.
Tips and warnings
- Although your followers will be invisible if someone looks at your Twitter page, they can view your followers by highlighting the text on the sidebar.
- The workaround will also hide the other information about you in the sidebar, including your number of Tweets.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for