Perform a straightforward sync to copy over the voice memos that you have recorded on our iPhone to the iTunes library on your PC. iTunes will create a new "Voice Memos" playlist to store your voice memos. They will remain there, safe and sound, even after you delete them from your iPhone.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Launch iTunes on your computer.
Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable that came with it.
Click on your iPhone's name under "Devices" on the source pane to the left.
Click on the "Music" tab above the main pane on the right.
Click to activate the "Sync Music" checkbox.
Activate either the "Entire Music Library" or "Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres" button to suit your preference. Also check the "Include voice memos" checkbox.
Click "Apply" on the lower-right corner of your screen. Your voice mails will copy over to the iTunes library on your PC.
Tips and warnings
- Deleting a voice memo from the iTunes "Voice Memos" playlist will also delete it from your iPhone the next time you sync.
- You may have to overcome a software bug if your voice memos don't copy over using iTunes 10. Run your voice memos through the trimmer without actually trimming them. Tap to launch the "Voice Memos" app. Next, tap the icon on the lower right to view the list of all the voice memos on your device. Tap each voice memo's directional blue arrow on the right. Next, tap "Trim Memo" and then "Trim Voice Memo." Tap "Voice Memos" on the upper right to return your voice memo listing and then the "Home" button to return to your home screen when you are done.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for