Grilling a pork loin is the ideal way of enjoying this lean portion of meat. You can use marinades or dry rubs of your choice to grill this tender and succulent meat, in just 15 minutes. Pork loin is low in fat and is an ideal choice if you are health conscious. Enhance the flavour and visual appeal of grilled pork loin by complementing it with a variety of sauces, salads or fruit and vegetable garnishes. Enjoy garnished pork loin as part of a barbecue, weekend night party, or as a meal in itself.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Red wine
- Jalapeño chilli pepper
- Unsalted butter
- Seedless jam
- Chopped parsley and cilantro
- Pineapple, apple and watermelon
- Italian salad dressing
- Onion and potatoes
Prepare a sweet and hot sauce garnish to serve with four mildly flavoured grilled pork loin roasts. Place a saucepan on medium heat. Add 1 cup of red wine and let it boil.
Remove from heat. Add one finely chopped jalapeño chilli pepper with the seeds removed and stir.
Mix 1/2 cup of any seedless jam such as raspberry or blackberry, 3 tbsp of unsalted butter, and 1 tbsp of chopped parsley. Combine well. Pour the sweet and hot sauce over the grilled pork loin before serving. You can also spoon 2 tbsp of the sauce in individual plates and set the grilled pork loins over it.
Prepare a fruit salsa as a summer garnish along with grilled pork loin. Finely chop half a fresh pineapple and set in a bowl. If you cannot find fresh pineapple, use chopped slices from 1 can of pineapple.
Finely slice one red bell pepper and 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro. Mix with the chopped pineapple. Stir in 3 tbsp of Italian salad dressing.
Toss the ingredients well and refrigerate for half an hour before serving. You can also prepare the pineapple salsa a day in advance and refrigerate.
Use fruits and vegetable garnishes to accentuate the visual and nutritional appeal of grilled pork loins. Slice a few potatoes, add a pinch of salt and grill till lightly brown.
Sprinkle 2 tbsp of chopped parsley or cilantro over the grilled potatoes. Serve along with the grilled pork loins for a hearty meal.
Prepare interesting garnish combinations. Slice an onion into rings, add a pinch of salt and 1 tsp of vinegar, and mix 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro. Grill 1 cup of broccoli florets until lightly done. Mix all the ingredients together and serve with the grilled pork loins.
Slice medium-size chunks of apple, watermelon or any juicy fruit and serve alongside the grilled pork loins.
Tips and warnings
- You can prepare interesting sauce garnishes based on your taste preferences. Combine mango chutney, lime juice and mustard to create a tangy and colourful sauce garnish.
- Serve grilled pork loin with cold coleslaw as a garnish, for an interesting combination of colour and flavour.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- My Recipes: Grilled Pork Loin Roast
- Chocolate Covered Everything; Asian Grilled Pork Loin!...
- The Dizzy Pig Barbecue Company: Pork Loin Roast With Dizzy Pig Crust
- What's Cooking America: Grilled Pork Loin With Blackberry-Wine Sauce
- Kraft Recipes: Grilled Pork Loin With Pineapple Salsa
- Baked Pork Chops: A Delicious And Crusty Grilled Pork Loin Recipe
- How To Cook Gourmet: Cooking Pork Tenderloin; Chef Kathy
- "Good Housekeeping" Magazine; Caribbean Pork Roast
- Good Food Channel: Pork Tenderloin
- Old And Sold: Serving Food Attractively: Rules For Garnishing
- Hale Groves: Garnish Your Meat Dishes With Navel Orange Peel
- Recipetips: Grilled Pork Loin Marinated In Beer Recipe