All eyes are on the flower girls as they drop flower petals down the aisle preceding the bride during the wedding ceremony. The flower girl's dress traditionally coordinates with the bridal gown complete with a headpiece. Flower girls do not typically wear any type of veil, but a simple headpiece usually accompanies her ensemble. You can put your personal touches on these and make headpieces for flower girls using a few simple materials found at any craft or hobby store.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Small white silk roses
- 40 to 50 small pearls
- 40 to 50 small beads
- Satin ribbon
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- Floral wire cutters
- Hot glue gun
- 2-inch white fabric headband
- Tape measure
Measure the circumference of the flower girl's head with a tape measure. Measure the area from her forehead around the back of her head.
Measure a length of floral wire to match the child's head size. Use the floral wire cutters to cut the wire. Attach the two ends of the wire with floral tape to form a circle.
Cut the stems of the fake roses to 1 inch from the bud. Attach a rose by laying it against the floral wire and securing it with floral tape, and facing the right. Attach another rose facing to the left using the floral tape; overlap the stems of the roses so they are not visible. Continue attaching roses in this alternate fashion until you have covered the entire wire circle.
Wrap a piece of 24-inch long ribbon around the point where you first attached the wire ends together. Tie a bow and let the ends of the ribbon hang down.
Measure 1 inch from the ends of each side of the headband. This section of the headband is left untouched to keep from irritating the area behind the girl's ears when she wears the headband.
Begin at one end and use the hot glue gun to glue pearls in a vertical line.
Glue a line of beads next. You can use coloured beads to match the wedding colours or white beads. Use beads that are fancy such as crystals.
Continue to glue the pearls and beads alternating each row until you reach the inch line at the other end of the headband. Let the glue dry overnight to ensure the beads and pearls are secure.
Tips and warnings
- Use coloured miniature rosebuds for the wreath that match the wedding flowers or a mixture of white roses and coloured roses. You can intertwine the ribbon with the roses.
- Make an intricate pattern with the beads and pearls rather than symmetrical lines. Use crystal beads to reflect the light.
- Use caution with the hot glue gun as it will burn your skin if it touches your fingers.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for