Guinevere is the legendary wife of King Arthur and one of the most recognisable medieval figures of myth. A Guinevere Halloween costume features a simple but elegant gown in the medieval style and a few accessories to show that this costume is not merely a medieval lady, but the Queen of Camelot herself. You can make your own Guinevere costume for Halloween with a few readily available items from your local craft store and some basic crafting tools.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Wide-sleeved, ankle-length dress
- Gold ribbon
- Measuring tape
- Fabric glue
- Thick plastic headband
- Plastic jewels
- Glue gun
- Sheer fabric
Measure the neckline and the sleeve openings of the wide-sleeved, ankle-length dress with a measuring tape. Cut pieces of gold ribbon to the correct length. Carefully glue the gold ribbon along the edge of the sleeves and along the neckline of the dress using fabric glue.
Cut another length of gold ribbon that is long enough to tie around your waist and hang down the front of the skirt nearly to the hem. Use the fabric glue to glue it around the waist of the dress so the loose ends are at the front. Tie the front in a knot and allow the ends to hang down.
Glue plastic jewels with the glue gun along the neckline of the dress on top of the gold ribbon. Allow the glue to dry.
Glue the plastic jewels to the headband using the glue gun. Place a larger jewel at the centre with smaller ones down the sides. Ensure that any part of the jewels that extend past the edge of the headband are on the same side of the headband.
Cut some sheer fabric to form a veil that covers the crown of your head and hangs down just past your shoulders. Attach it to the headband using a needle and thread. Pass the thread through the fabric and loop it around the headband. Do this around the length of the headband in between the jewels.
Tips and warnings
- You can also sew your own basic Guinevere-style gown using a pattern like the one shown on the website mainstreetmallonline.com.
- Depending on the shape of your neckline, you may need to cut the ribbon into two parts before gluing.
- If you choose not to sew, shop thrift stores to find a dress for this costume. Check nightgowns as well since these often come in simple long gown styles with wider sleeves.
- Wear the headband as a crown, sitting on top of your head. Add costume jewellery like rings and necklaces if desired.
- Use caution when using the glue gun as it can get very hot.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for