Although white Converse shoes portray style and fashion, the white colour can attract noticeable stains and be difficult to keep clean. Since the fabric of the shoes easily absorbs materials such as grass and dirt stains, using a stain removing material can help remove the preliminary stain, while a washing machine and the right detergent can remove the hard-to-remove stain that remains.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Stain remover
- Washing machine
- Washing powder (no bleach)
- Scrub brush
- Rubbing alcohol
Remove any heavy stains with an instant stain remover available at most supermarkets. Apply the stain remover and scrub using a scrub brush or an all-pourpose scrubbing sponge.
Place your converses into a washing machine, set the temperature as cold and start the washing machine. Avoid using detergents with bleach, as this may ruin the colour of your Converses as well as weaken the fabric.
Remove your shoes from the washing machine and allow them to air dry. Although coloured converses should be placed in the shade to prevent discolouration, white Converses can have a more pearly-white colour when exposed directly to the sun.
Tips and warnings
- For stains on the rubber portions of your Converse shoes, apply rubbing alcohol and scrub using a multipurpose scrubbing sponge.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for