A Mac version of "Team Fortress 2" was released in 2010. The Mac and Windows versions of the game are designed so that players can switch between the two without noticing any changes. The process to create a server on the Mac is exactly the same as on the original Windows version.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Start "Team Fortress 2."
Click the "Create Server" button in the main menu. This is the box with a cross on it on the far-right side of the "Start Playing" button (the lighter border around the dark grey box with the cross in it is not part of the "Create Server" button, it is part of the "Start Playing" button).
Click on the drop-down menu to select the map for the server to play.
Select the "Game" tab at the top of the server window to bring up the other server options. You can adjust the maximum number of players, create a server password and set victory parameters for the server.
Click the "Start" button to create the server.
Tips and warnings
- Mac and Windows "Team Fortress 2" players can join a game server created on the Mac.
- Adding more players to a server increases the bandwidth requirements. Lowering the maximum number of players on the server might be required if your server is experiencing significant amounts of lag.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for