Many people enjoy decorating their homes with spooky decorations for Halloween. If you are considering decorations such as mummies, scarecrows or zombies this year, you may wonder where you can find fake hands for your creatures. While fake Halloween hands can be purchased from most costume shops and party stores, you may have more fun creating your own. Your fake hands are likely to be much less expensive, but just as effective as those you can purchase.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Disposable, clear latex glove
- Rubber band
- Red paint or nail polish
Hold your latex glove open with one hand and begin pouring sand inside the glove. Make sure the sand fills each finger of the glove. Continue filling the glove with sand until the sand reaches about 1 inch from the top of the glove's opening. Line your work surface with newspaper, to ensure an easy clean-up.
Tie a rubber band around the opening of the glove, in order to prevent sand from spilling out the top. Dust off any sand sticking to the outside of the glove. Place the glove aside and dispose of your newspaper lining.
Line your work surface with a clean layer of newspaper. Place your fake hand on top, and prepare your materials by placing your red paint and paintbrush next to the hand.
Dip your paintbrush into the paint and begin painting fake veins onto the hand by drawing thin, winding lines with your paintbrush. Avoid painting too many lines, in order to create a more realistic-looking hand. Allow the paint to dry before moving the finished hand.
Tips and warnings
- For an even more realistic effect, glue artificial nails to the ends of the fingers of the glove.
- Your fake hand can hang from the ceiling by a string or can be attached to a fake mummy or scarecrow. Simply placing the hand on a tabletop creates an easy, yet scary, decoration.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for