Samsonite travel cases take a beating during a lifetime of adventure. Rough handling, loading and unloading take a toll, adding scratches to the protective outer shell. Removing scratches and caring for your Samsonite case between trips helps ensure your luggage will always looks its best when it glides by on the luggage carousel. Samsonite recommends taking action to preserve your luggage before damage on the case's outer shell becomes too extensive.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Gentle dish soap
- Warm water
- Dish cloth
- Silicon-based auto or furniture polish.
- Wax-based furniture polish
Wash the hard outer shell of your Samsonite case with warm, soapy water and a soft cloth. Scrub away any light scuffs, dirt or other stains. Rinse any remaining soap off the case with plain water and let dry.
Apply wax-based furniture polish to the outside of the case, paying particular attention to the scratches. The wax contained in the polish fills gouges, reducing their depth and visibility on the surface of the case.
Finish cleaning the case using silicon-based furniture polish. The polish brings out the plastic case's natural lustre and shine. Carefully store the case where it can't be accidentally scraped or scuffed.
Tips and warnings
- Keep your Samsonite case in a room that doesn't have extremes of temperature or humidity. Heat, cold and moisture damages and prematurely ages your luggage. Air out your case once a year, removing it from storage, opening it up and letting air circulate around it; this reduces the likelihood of mildew growing on or inside the case.
- Place a small lump of charcoal inside the case during storage to remove unpleasant odours.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for