Roast corn is a delicious addition to a salad, chilli, chowder or spicy meat dish. The best way to roast corn is on the ear but you can get the same taste by using canned corn. Roast corn is traditionally made in the oven but canned corn will end up burning since it is already cooked. You can create the same roast corn taste by sautéing the corn in a little olive oil on the stove. Canned corn will roast faster so be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Can of Corn
- Sauté pan
Add 2 to 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil to a sauté pan.
Pour in the canned corn.
Cook over medium heat until the corn turns a light brown colour. It will take about five minutes for the corn to brown. Serve on its own or mix it in another dish.
Tips and warnings
- Try adding the roasted corn as a filling for savoury crepes with grilled shrimp. If you want some added flavouring to the corn, toss it with garlic salt and a pinch of dried oregano before tossing it into the pan.
- Don't stir the corn more than once. It can be tempting to stir but roasted corn should sit in the pan to cook. If you must stir the corn, let it sit for three minutes, stir it once, then let it sit until a light brown.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for