So you went to search through your husband's Internet history only to find out he deleted it? You can recover Internet history by using the system restore option available in Microsoft Windows. This program allows you to reset files and settings on your computer to an earlier date. System restore won't bring back certain personal files, but Internet history is stored in the registry and can be recovered.
- Skill level:
Click the "Start" button.
Click "Control Panel."
Click "Open System Restore."
Select the radio button for "Restore my computer to an earlier time," and click "Next."
Select a date from the calendar on the left. Then, select a restore point from the box on the right, and click "Next."
Confirm your selection by clicking "Next."
Click "OK" to exit the system restore program.
Check your browser's Internet history.
Tips and warnings
- You may want to create system restore points regularly, so you don't have to rely on the automatically created points..
- Restoring your system to an earlier date can cause you to lose valuable information. Before doing this, create backups or make sure nothing important will be lost.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for