Studying someone's signature or handwriting to pick up on personality traits is referred to as graphology. Graphology studies the way a person writes on the line or does not write on the line. It studies the curves of the letters and the severity of the curves. While it is difficult to become an expert at graphology, you can learn a lot about a person's personality and ego just by looking at her signature.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Compare your regular handwriting to the way you write your signature to tell you a bit about your personality. Your signature can be described as your external image. It's the way you want the world to view you. Your signature will likely feature some additional flare. You might notice that you write some letters in your signature with a different stroke than you normally do. If you notice that the difference occurs in your first name, it relates to your individuality. The more severe the stroke, the more outspoken or extroverted you are. If the difference is in your last name, it relates to your feelings toward your family. It might illustrate how proud you are of your family heritage.
Look at how you capitalise your signature. If your signature is written entirely in lower case, that indicates a sense of modesty. If your signature is written in all upper case, it indicates an aggressive or perhaps boisterous person.
Take notice of whether or not you sign your name with a large tail at the end. If the tail is much higher than the rest of the signature, it means that you are someone who craves attention.
Pay attention to how the signature rides the baseline. The baseline is the imaginary line that exists to define what we write on. Pay attention to how consistently the baseline is obeyed. If your baseline is not straight, it illustrates that you're a person who does not feel confined by conventional customs. The looser the baseline, the more freethinking people tend to be.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Handwriting Personality Profile: Theory
- The Write Truth; Benefits and the Process; Susanne Shapiro
- Practical Handwriting Analysis; Wavy Baseline in Handwriting; March 2010
- Practical Handwriting Analysis; Signature Analysis: It Only Happens in My Signature!; November 2009
- Practical Handwriting Analysis; Small Capitals in Signature; November 2009
- Practical Handwriting Analysis; Signature Analysis: Writing High Flying Long Tails on Your Name; November 2009