Whether you wear a wig for medical reasons or simply like to change your style without the need for permanent hair cuts or colouring, a wig needs to be kept in good condition. There are many reasonably priced wig services and treatments available but making your own is easy. Wig care ensures that your wig stays glossy and helps reduce the risk of knots which can be difficult to remove. Following simple wig care guidelines such as home made wig shampoo and conditioners help your wig to stay looking fresh and fabulous for longer.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 340gr spray bottle
- Measuring spoons
- 1 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable glycerine
- 10 drops rosemary oil
Remove the spray top from the spray bottle and rinse under cold water.
Measure 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil and pour it into the empty spray bottle.
Add 1 teaspoon of sweet almond oil to the jojoba oil.
Measure 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable glycerine and pour this into the spray bottle which creates a glossy finish to each hair strand and will help assist you when brushing out the knots.
Add 10 drops of rosemary oil into the mixture and then fill the spray bottle up with cold water.
Replace the lid and shake the spray bottle vigorously to ensure that all of the ingredients are combined.
Tips and warnings
- The conditioner can be sprayed directly onto the wig.
- Leave the wig to dry before attempting to comb or brush the strands of hair to prevent any damage.
- This conditioner is suitable for your own hair.
- Some essential oils cannot be used if you are pregnant, have epilepsy or high blood pressure. The oils have active ingredients and can cause health problems. If you are in doubt, consult your doctor or essential oil specialist prior to using any of these oils.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for