Face painting crayons are non-toxic, kid-friendly face paints used to quickly apply theatrical and costume make-up. Similar to lipstick and eyeliner, face painting crayons have a soft consistency and may be applied directly to the face, eliminating the need for separate brushes and sponges. The crayons come in a wide range of colours and several different sizes. You can use face paint crayons alone or in combination with traditional face paints to apply make-up quickly at a party or carnival.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Traditional face paint
- Make-up sponge
- Lipstick or crayon-sized face painting crayons
- Pencil-sized face painting crayons
- Make-up crayon sharpener
Moisten a make-up sponge with water and swirl it in traditional face paint. Apply the face paint all over the face to make a base. Certain costumes -- a clown or ghoul, for example -- require a white or coloured base. It is easier to apply the base with a sponge than to colour the entire face with a crayon. If you don't have traditional face paint, you can break up a piece of a face painting crayon and dip your sponge in it for the same effect.
Block in large areas with lipstick or crayon-sized face painting crayons. Draw directly on the face with the crayon to make war paint stripes, a clown nose and mouth, black circles around the eyes, hollowed-out cheeks and any large features needed for the desired design.
Draw finer details or outline large painted areas with pencil-sized face painting crayons. Use the finer points to draw freckles, eyelashes, whiskers, wrinkles and any small details needed for the desired design. Keep the pencil point sharp with a make-up crayon sharpener made specifically for use with make-up crayons.
Wash off face paint with soap and warm water.
Tips and warnings
- Only use crayons specifically marked as face painting crayons. Do not attempt to use traditional crayons, coloured pencils or pastels to paint faces.
- Avoid working in excessive heat and sun; face painting crayons may melt in extreme temperatures.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for