When you're planning the decorations for your wedding, don't stop with the flowers and the tablecloths -- even your cake knife deserves special adornment. While the cake knife may not seem like it would take much consideration, it is customarily personalised to fit you, your partner and your wedding. It can be the crowning touch on your wedding decor. Taking a stainless steel cake knife to the local engraver makes for an easy and permanent decoration, but you can also take matters into your own hands.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Twist tie
- Pearls or sequins (optional)
Take your cake knife to an engraver to have a short message carved into it. For a nuptial cake knife, you may have the date of your wedding and your names engraved.
Tie a simple ribbon around the handle of your cake knife. You may tie it in a bow or wrap it tightly around the handle from top to bottom. Consider using ivory, white or one of your wedding colours. Tulle makes an excellent choice as well.
Affix a flower to the handle so that it matches the bouquet and boutonnières. Attach the flower to the handle with a twist tie, and then wrap ribbon around the handle to hide the tie.
Tips and warnings
- Add pearls or sequins to your cake knife bow for an additional bit of sparkle.
- Use a holiday decoration in the middle of the bow for a Christmas wedding or celebration. Consider ice blue and silver for a sophisticated look.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for