CDs provide us with various types of music to enjoy. Unfortunately, CDs may become old and unplayable after a while. Instead of tossing CDs in the garbage where they will end up in a landfill, consider reusing them in other ways. You can turn them into coasters or make them into ornaments that can be used to decorate a Christmas tree.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Utility knife
- Fake gems
- Gold ribbon
Place your old CD on top of a sheet of cork.
Cut around the edge of the CD with a utility knife to obtain a piece of cork the same size as the CD.
Glue the piece of cork to the underside of the CD. This will protect your new coaster from scratching any tabletop surfaces.
Decorate the top of the CD with old photos. If you are not keen about cutting up your old pictures, copy them first at an office supply store, drugstore or any other store that has a colour copier. Glue the copied photos all around your CD to make a collage.
Repeat with the number of CDs that you want to turn into coasters.
Glue a big fake gem in the middle of the CD to cover up the hole. You can purchase fake gems such as rubies, diamonds and emeralds from any craft or department store.
Glue some more fake gems all around the CD in any type of pattern you like.
Place dots of glue in some of the empty spaces on the CD, and cover them with glitter.
Wait for the glue to dry, then flip the CD over. Loop a gold ribbon into the shape of an upside-down U and glue it to the CD.
Hang the CD ornament on the Christmas tree after the glue has dried.
Christmas Tree Ornament CDs
Tips and warnings
- You can also make a candle with holder by melting the bottom of a small candle and setting it in the middle of the CD. Once the melted wax hardens, it will adhere to the CD. You can then display it on a fireplace mantle.
- Hanging old CDs outside will repel birds. Place the CDs wherever you don't want the birds to go.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for