Molasses is beneficial to plants during the flowering stage because of its micronutrients and high potassium, iron and magnesium content. When feeding molasses to plants through a hydroponic system, it is important to use products designed specifically for such systems because they eliminate problems posed by regular molasses. If you plan on foliar feeding your plants, a pure molasses and water mixture is considered an acceptable exception to the rule.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pure molasses and water solution
- Nutrient supplement designed for hydroponic systems
Clean out the hydroponic system and reservoir before adding the molasses solution.
Determine which product is right for you -- options include CarboLoad, Flora Nectar and Sweet. These supplements contain different types of molasses and other ingredients so it is important to know which one will best serve your needs.
Follow directions on the supplement for information on how much and how often you need to use. Add the appropriate amount to the hydroponic system's reservoir as often as directed.
Instructions for Hydroponic Systems
Mix pure molasses with water into a spray bottle.
Turn off your HID lights during feeding to prevent your plants from burning.
Spray molasses solution directly onto the plant's leaves.
Tips and warnings
- Using the wrong molasses in your system's reservoir can turn roots to slime and clog your system.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for