The elastic headband is the must-have accessory. Intricate headbands with glittering bead work complement your evening wear and a simple black band can transition from office to party. Unlike traditional headbands that pinch behind the ears can cause painful headaches, while elastic headbands completely encircle your head providing comfortable and even pressure. Wear your headband with your hair up or down to fashion the perfect look for your mood. Putting on an elastic headband requires no special skills and works for long or short hair.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Hold the headband with both hands and gently stretch it.
Pull the elastic headband over your head and down to your neck. All your hair should now be within the headband.
Style your hair as desired. Pull your hair into a ponytail or bun to use a sparkly, elastic headband as an accessory. Build volume at the crown of your head by backcombing and spraying your hair with a product.
Grasp the front of the headband with both hands and lift it into place. Wear your fringe beneath the headband or pull them through for a softer look. When wearing the headband with a ponytail or bun, pull the headband to mid-crown.
Tips and warnings
- Use several thin, multicoloured elastic headbands at once to create different looks. Bunch them all together to create a wide band. Twist them together or space two or more headbands 1/2 inch apart for a custom look.
- Place the headband on after you style your hair and stop at your forehead for a hippie headband.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for