Coconuts, with their dark brown outer shells and snowy white flesh, provide a delicious meat and tasty milk.When you have fresh coconuts to keep and use, store fresh coconut meat carefully to ensure that the flesh stays edible for as long as possible. With proper storage, the flesh from your coconut should stay delicious until you wish to use it.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Plastic container (with lid)
Place the fresh coconut meat into the plastic container. Either shredded fresh coconut or chunks of fresh coconut meat can go into the plastic container.
Seal the container tightly with the lid.
Place the container into the refrigerator and store the un-shredded fresh coconut in the refrigerator for four to five days. Refrigerate shredded fresh coconut for one to two days.
Tips and warnings
- Store shredded coconut in the freezer for up to six months. Place the shredded fresh coconut into a plastic freezer bag and squeeze out as much air as possible. Seal the bag and write the date and contents onto the bag with a permanent marker.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for