Nike created its Jordan shoe as a tribute to basketball legend Michael Jordan. It quickly soared to one of Nike's most-popular sneakers. Sneakerhead.com says, "Air Jordan shoes have consistently been among the best-selling basketball shoes since their creation in 1985." Now, Nike gives Jordan fans the chance to create their own custom Air Jordan Alpha 1 id basketball shoe by choosing the size, sole, colour scheme and a personalised ID tag, which appears on the inside ankle of the shoe.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Computer with Internet access
Go to the NikeiD website (nikeid.nike.com). Choose the preferred language and your country from the home page.
Roll your mouse over the drop-down menu for either men's or women's apparel. Select "Basketball" from the drop-down menu.
Select the "Air Jordan Alpha 1 id Basketball Shoe" from the grid of customisable basketball apparel. You will them move on to the build page to make your custom Jordans.
Click the "Start Blank" button on the left side of the build page. The build page features a preview image of your shoe, which will change to reflect each choice you make while customising it. Clicking "Start Blank" will make the entire preview shoe neutral grey.
Click on each part of the preview shoe (base, midsole, laces and swoosh) to select it and a colour palette will pop up. Click on a colour sample to see how it looks on the selected part of the shoe. Once you're happy with your colour choice, click the "X" on the top right of the colour palette to close it.
Click on the "Size" button on the right-hand side of the build. A pop-up menu will appear with options for the size and quantity of shoes you want to order. This is typically the last stage of making your custom Jordans.
Click the "Add To Cart" button on the right-hand side of the build page when you are finished designing your shoe and are ready to purchase it.
Tips and warnings
- For inspiration, click the "Design Search" button on the bottom of the build screen to see previously built Jordans.
- A panel on the right side of the build screen will track your progress as you make your way through all 11 customisable options for the shoe. Click the "What's Left?" button to see a drop-down menu of the shoe features that are still left to customise.
- Use the "More Views" button on the bottom of the build screen to see the side profiles and back of the preview shoe, or use the left and right arrow buttons to slowly rotate the preview shoe.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for