Constructing decorated cakes or cookies requires a strong, edible icing glue to hold the pieces together. Royal icing made with egg whites is the required glue for your dessert. Made with only two ingredients, royal icing will harden over time and hold fast.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 cups icing sugar
- Mixer with whisk attachment
Combine the egg whites and 1 cup of the icing sugar in a bowl.
Mix the ingredients on low speed until the icing sugar has been incorporated into the egg whites.
Slowly dust in the remaining icing sugar with the mixer running on low speed until all of the sugar has been added.
Increase the mixer speed to medium-high and beat for five minutes or until the icing is thick and glossy.
Keep the bowl of icing glue covered with a towel until ready to use.
Tips and warnings
- Use 1/2 cup of pasteurised liquid egg whites instead of the two regular egg whites if you are concerned about eating raw eggs.
- Add a few drops of food colouring to dye the icing glue, if desired.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for