You look in the mirror and your attention is instantly drawn to your so-called beauty mark. You don't like the mark and when people talk to you, you feel as though they are looking at the dark-coloured mole or birthmark on your face. There are simple home remedies you can do to lighten your beauty mark no matter where it is located.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Mild facial scrub or facial exfoliating sponge
- Skin lightening cream
- Full coverage foundation
- Cream concealer
- Loose powder
Exfoliate your beauty mark daily. Scrub the area with a mild facial scrub or facial exfoliating sponge. By scrubbing the beauty mark, you slough off dead skin cells and promote regeneration of new skin cells.
Apply a skin lightening cream to the beauty mark daily. Avoid using the product on the skin surrounding your beauty mark. Use a skin bleaching product containing hydroquinone, as it is the only bleaching agent approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Juice a lemon and apply the juice to your beauty mark. Lemon juice is naturally acidic and acts as a natural bleaching agent when applied daily to skin discolourations.
Camouflage the beauty mark with make-up. Spread a thin layer of full coverage foundation, in the colour of your skin tone, on your face. Avoid caking the make-up on your face in thick layers because it may crack and reveal your blemishes. Apply a cream concealer in the colour of your foundation over the beauty mark. Blend the concealer with the foundation to create a smooth base. Apply loose powder to set your make-up.
Tips and warnings
- Wear sunscreen and avoid exposure to the sun because it promotes skin pigmentation and darkens moles.
- Consider a chemical peel if your entire facial skin contains a lot of hyperpigmentation. A chemical peel triggers your skin to peel so new tissue can grow. It removes hyperpigmentation, lines and wrinkles.
- Consult a dermatologist about your beauty mark. A dermatologist can give you advice and determine which remedy is best to lighten or completely remove the mark.
- Consult your doctor about laser removal. Laser removal is a painless, outpatient procedure that minimises the colour of the beauty mark or removes it completely.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for