For decades men were limited for choice when it came to hairstyles. Besides the flat top, spiked styles and straight, long looks there was not much for guys to choose from. In recent years, tousled, unkempt locks have become popular. However, having hair hanging in your face looks messy and can block a working man's line of sight. Wearing fringe off to the side in the side-swept manner is a trendy look and keeps fringe neatly tucked out of the way.
- Skill level:
Rub your hand across your hair pomade or squirt a dime-sized amount of gel into your hands.
Tousle the hair with the styling treatment, touching the ends first with the fingers then working upward.
Blow your hair dry on a low setting while combing the fringe to the side with a vent brush. Brush out the rest of the hair. Continue to use the fingers to shape the side-swept fringe in place.
Tips and warnings
- If your hair is curly or wavy, use a hair straightener to get smooth side fringe.
- Sleep with your damp hair clipped off to the side with a stylist's clamp.
- It may take several weeks to "train" your hair to sweep evenly off to the side.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for