AccuWeather is a weather forecasting website that provides individuals with daily forecasts, updates on weather alerts and storm warnings, along with other vital, weather-related news. While all of this information is available on AccuWeather, there is no guarantee that your personal location will be the first to appear when accessing the site. For this particular reason, you'll need to set AccuWeather to your default location so you can always receive up-to-the-minute information for your area when logging on. Setting AccuWeather online or from the AccuWeather wireless application on a mobile (cell) phone is simple.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- AccuWeather Premium Service Account
Access the AccuWeather official website in your Internet browser.
Click "Premium" at the top of the AccuWeather home page.
Provide your AccuWeather username and password in the text fields provided on the login page.
Click "Log-In" at the bottom of the login text fields to access your AccuWeather account.
Type your five digit zip code in the "Your Local Forecast" field at the top of the screen.
Click the option that reads, "Set as Default" to set your postcode (zip code) as the AccuWeather default location for the account.
Go to the AccuWeather wireless application on your mobile device.
Use the mobile device keypad to key in your postcode (five digit zip code) or city and state in the text field in the AccuWeather wireless application.
Press "OK" on the phone's keypad. This action will automatically set AccuWeather to the default location you provided.
Tips and warnings
- If you have previously set your default location on AccuWeather using your wireless mobile device, you can reset it by going to "Preferences" on the Main Menu of the application.
- AccuWeather preferences are only offered for AccuWeather Premium, Professional, RadarPlus, LightningPlus and Wireless Application accounts. So, if you're simply just browsing the site, you will not be able to create permanent settings for AccuWeather. You will need to set the AccuWeather location each time you access the site or access the Recent Locations options on the site.
- Be advised, the AccuWeather Recent Locations will only remain available in your Internet browser as long as the browsing history is not erased. If you erase the history, the AccuWeather Recent Locations will be removed as well.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for