Wearing a boutonnière for a wedding, or special event, is something you don't do everyday. However, when the occasion arises, you must keep the boutonnière looking good. After the boutonnière's are fashioned, and before figuring out how to pin them on and where to place them, you may need to store them for a bit. There are ways to keep a boutonnière fresh and ready to use, even if there will be hours before wearing it at the wedding or event.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Spray bottle
- Small box or corsage bag
- Portable cooler
Check the tape around the base of the flower and make sure it is snug. Spray the boutonnière lightly with some cool water.
Place the misted boutonnière on a tissue. Put the tissue with the boutonnière on it, into a box with a lid, or a corsage bag.
Keep the boutonnière in the box, and store it in a portable cooler. Keep it moist and cool until you are ready to use it.
Tips and warnings
- Have a spare boutonnière on hand.
- If you use a refrigerator to store your boutonnière, keep the enclosed box in the refrigerator drawer by itself, to avoid the gases from food.
- Do not store your boutonnière in the freezer as this will kill it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for