iTunes is a free application that organises and plays digital music and video on a Mac or PC. iTunes allows you to enjoy music and videos anywhere without inserting CDs or other devices with music on them. The basic difference between iTunes 32-bit and 64-bit is the compatibility with different versions of Windows. If your computer runs a 64-bit version of Windows, then iTunes will run faster and more efficiently than its 32-bit counterpart.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- iTunes 64-bit install file
Click "Start," "Control Panel," "Programs," "Programs and Features."
Click "iTunes," "Uninstall." The Installation Wizard pops up.
Click "Next" to start the uninstall procedure and "Finish" to finish the process.
Uninstalling iTunes 32-bit
Download iTunes 64-bit from the iTunes website and save the file to your desktop.
Double-click the install file to launch the Installation Wizard.
Click "Next" and select a save location for iTunes.
Click "Next" to begin the installation. Click "Finish" after the process completes.
Installing iTunes 64-bit
Tips and warnings
- iTunes 64-bit requires either Windows Vista 64-bit or Windows 7 64-bit. iTunes does not support the 64-bit edition of Windows XP.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for