There are many programs and online services that let you send instant text messages to friends and associates. Skype lets you conduct text chat sessions with individual contacts or a group of contacts, as well as have individual or group voice calls and video chats. Chat history is saved for each text chat, which lets you review chats with your contacts. You cannot delete this history for individual users, but you can delete all chat history for your account.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Open Skype and sign in to your account.
Click "Skype," then click "Privacy."
Click "Clear History." Click "Delete" at the prompt. Your chat history is deleted.
Tips and warnings
- You can back up your Skype history prior to deletion and reload it if you need to access it. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Users\WindowsUsername\AppData\Roaming\Skype. Copy this directory to another hard drive or burn it to a CD. To access it, copy it back to the same location and open Skype.
- When you clear history, it deletes all history, including call history, voice mails and file transfers as well as text chat history.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for