If you are going to an 1980s-themed party or just want to dress like an '80s girl, you will be surprised to know that it is not so much about items only found in the '80s, but rather how items still available today were worn back then. Knowing how to properly piece together your '80s girl ensemble is the first step to having a memorable costume.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Mini skirt
- Half shirts
- Large button-down shirts
- Mesh shirts
- Colourful jewellery
- Hair tie
- Hair crimper
- Colourful make-up
- Tube tops
- Jean jacket
- Fake eyelashes
Pair leggings or bright spandex with a mini skirt, and wear bright, colourful Converse shoes. Wear a tube top, mesh shirt or a half shirt showing off your midriff covered by a jean jacket. For a more casual look, wear an oversized button-down shirt with a tube top underneath.
Comb your hair into a high sideways ponytail. For a wilder look, crimp your hair and fluff it up with your fingers or you can tease your hair with a comb.
Apply colourful eye shadow, more than you usually wear. With a bright colour it is OK to exaggerate. Add blush to your cheeks and fake eyelashes to make your eyes really pop.
Accessorise your look of an '80s girl by not holding back. Wear bold earrings in odd shapes that dangle. Bangles can go on both wrists as well as beaded necklaces.
Tips and warnings
- Have fun with your outfit. With so many variables you can't go wrong with your choices. If it doesn't feel right or you don't like the look, play around until you find a style that is suitable.
- Use make-up that you regularly use. If you have an allergic reaction to a new kind of make-up that you bought for the purpose of this costume, test it out first to be sure you are not allergic.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for