From time to time, travel plans can change and require amending a flight reservation. Changing a booking with KLM Royal Dutch Airlines to another day or time is possible. Amendments to a reservation may or may not involve payment of a fee depending on the fare purchased at the time of booking the original flight. Unlimited number of changes can be made to flights associated with a fully flexible ticket.
- Skill level:
Confirm whether your fare allows for changes. Certain fares for KLM bookings do not allow flight changes. For example, the lowest fare option generally does not permit changes. Other fare options offer the flexibility to allow amendments with or without fees.
Click on to "Manage my Booking" link on the KLM website. You can change your reservation on the KLM website if the fare you purchased allows for changes to flights.
Select an alternate flight. Once you are logged on to the "Manage my Booking" page, you can view available alternative flights. This list will also include any applicable fees or costs associated with the new flight.
Pay the change fee. Certain fares require payment of a fee for new flights before your booking is reconfirmed. If the change being requested requires a fee, you must pay the fee online using a credit card.
Print the new reservation for your records. An e-mail confirmation with the new travel details will also be sent to you.
Tips and warnings
- If you have checked in for your flight and would like to change your booking, you must first cancel your check-in by going to the online "Check-in" link on the KLM website.
- If you purchased an Economy Comfort seat for your original flight, you should purchase an Economy Comfort seat on the new flight and request a refund of the fee paid for the original flight.
- To make changes to a KLM booking made with a travel agent, contact the travel agent.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for