It's common practice for smokers to tap a pack of cigarettes against their palm a few times before opening it. This technique is used to pack the tobacco more tightly together in each cigarette thereby allowing the cigarette to burn longer and not break or fall apart. Packing a cigarette may also strengthen the taste because more tobacco will be consumed with each puff. However, there are those who believe that tapping a pack of cigarettes is nothing but habit and doesn't actually change anything.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Hold the pack of cigarettes in your dominant hand so that the top of the pack is facing downward. Hold your other hand out with the palm facing up.
Firmly tap the top of the pack against your open palm. Hold the pack firmly, but don't squeeze or crush it as this can damage the cigarettes.
Repeat this process five to eight times. When you open the pack of cigarettes, you can determine if the tobacco in each cigarette was packed enough for your liking. If need be, you can tap the package a few more times.
Tips and warnings
- You must be at least 18-years-old to purchase cigarettes and smoke in the United States.
- Smoking can cause lung cancer and other illnesses.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for