A collection of family recipes is a wonderful gift. HP, Brothersoft, Midwest Living and Microsoft all offer free templates for creating your own cookbook easily. Templates allow you to customise your cookbook's appearance and can easily accommodate large numbers of recipes. When you are finished creating your custom cookbook, you can print the book at home or send it to a local printer for printing and professional binding.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
Download the template that works best for your needs and design requirements. Most templates will allow you to add large numbers of recipes.
Select the recipes you would like to include in your cookbook.
Break your cookbook down into sections. These could include appetizers, beverages, grilling, or other sections that reflect your recipe collection.
Consider adding personal notes to your book. For instance, write an introduction for the book or opening notes for each section or recipe.
Add an index page, if desired. This will help users to cross-reference recipes and ingredients with page numbers. Your cookbook is now ready to be shared and printed, if you like.
Tips and warnings
- Some templates include clip art to embellish the book. Photos can also be used.
- Proofread your work in addition to running a spell check. Ask a friend to help, as he will look at it with fresh eyes.
- Save your work often.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for