Windows 7 comes pre-installed with a variety of themes that allow you to change your wallpaper, colours, sounds and screensaver all with one click. While some themes are included in Windows 7 and cannot be deleted, other pre-installed themes can be removed. Any theme that was installed before you got your computer, either by the computer manufacturer, the seller or a previous user, can be easily removed from your computer, as long as you aren't currently using the theme.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Right-click on your desktop to bring up the navigation menu. Scroll down to "Personalize," then click on it. This will bring up a menu where you can access all of the Windows 7 themes.
Change your current theme, if your current theme is one that you want to delete. To change your current theme, click on a different theme and it will apply to your desktop.
Decide which themes you would like to delete. Pre-installed themes can be deleted as long as they are not part of Windows 7. For example, the Aero themes are included with Windows 7 as default themes, and they can not be uninstalled.
Right-click on the theme that you want to remove. Select the "Delete theme" option. When you click on the "Delete theme" selection, you will remove the theme from your computer.
Repeat the process for any additional themes that you want to remove.
Tips and warnings
- You can also access the themes by selecting the "Start" menu, then "Control Panel." Within the "Control Panel," search for "Personalization" or "Themes" to find the themes.
- If you are attempting to delete a theme and cannot find a delete option when you click on it, make sure that the theme is not the one you are currently using.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for