Electronic Art's "Skate 3" was released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2010. Along with the single-player and multiplayer game modes, there are also a number of tools for users to create their own content. The online graphics editor allows players to construct their own images, which can then be downloaded to the game over the Internet, and applied to boards, shirts, hats and stickers.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- PlayStation Network or Xbox Live account
Launch the browser on the computer and navigate to the website in Resources. Click the "skate.Create" link on the upper toolbar. On the sub-toolbar that appears, click "skate.Graphics." The Skate Gallery will open, displaying designs created and uploaded by other users.
Create an account for EA Nation using the "Sign In" link in the top right corner of the screen. Enter your e-mail address and choose a password. If you have played previous EA titles online, you will already have an EA Nation account.
Click the "Launch Graphics Creator" button in the upper right corner of the gallery window. This will open the creator in a new window. Click one of the blank graphic spaces to create a new graphic. This will open the editor.
Click the "Images" tab in the lower left-hand corner of the editor. This opens a gallery of simple logos and pictures in a column on the left of the editor. Pictures can be clicked and dragged into the graphic area, and edited using the tools on the lower toolbar. Images can be resized, recolored, rotated and ordered using the group of buttons along the bottom. You can add as many images or simple shapes from the toolbar as you would like. Click the "Text" tab to insert lettering.
Click the disk icon in the lower right corner of the editor to save the image to your private gallery. Exit the editor to return to your gallery home screen, and the created graphic will be visible in the first of 12 available slots. Click on the graphic and select "Publish." The following pop-up menu will request a name and description, and whether you would like to publish to the public gallery, download to your console, or both. Click "OK" when finished.
Power your console on and launch "Skate 3." Ensure your console has a functioning Internet connection. Pause the game using the "Start" button and select "Edit Skater." Select a custom board, shirt or hat, and select "Add a Team Logo." Your custom graphic will download and appear in the first available slot.
Tips and warnings
- Because of the very high quality of some of the user-created graphics in the Skate Gallery, it is commonly believed that it is possible to upload photographs or existing images into the graphics creator. This is not the case. These graphics have been produced using the standard editor by very patient and talented users.
- Electronic Arts' policy allows users to flag any content that could be deemed inappropriate. Any content you upload that could be considered vulgar, defamatory or obscene could result in the suspension of your account.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for