Ringworm is a fungal skin infection that can develop on any part of the body. It causes red, scaly, ringlike lesions on the affected area. The lesions are often itchy and may erupt into blisters which begin to ooze. Ringworm is contagious and spreads easily through contact with the lesion or infected items and surfaces, so it is important to cure the condition as soon as possible. Rather than pay for expensive medication or risk allergic reactions, apple cider vinegar is often used to get rid of ringworm at home. The ant-fungal acids in apple cider vinegar act as an effective cure for the infection.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Small bowl
- Apple cider vinegar
Use a washcloth, soaked with mild soap and warm water, to clean the ringworm lesions. Pat the area dry with a small, dry towel. Wash any materials used after each use to help avoid spreading the infection.
Apply apple cider vinegar to the lesions three to six times a day until two weeks after the lesion goes away, usually about four weeks. Pour a quarter-sized amount of vinegar into a small shallow dish. Dip your finger into the vinegar and message the liquid into the ringworm lesion for 30 seconds, using a circular motion.
Cover the lesion with no-stick gauze. Wrap self-adhering gauze loosely around this dressing. Use new gauze after each vinegar application. The dressing prevents the spread of ringworm, as well as the possibility of secondary infection.
Wash your pyjamas and bed sheets every night to prevent spreading the ringworm to other parts of the body. Add 1/4 cup of vinegar to the water, along with washing powder. Wash the clothes on hot.
Tips and warnings
- Use a vinegar-soaked cotton ball to cover larger areas of ringworm.
- Use vinegar cautiously for lesions close to the eyes. Vinegar irritates the eyes if it gets in them.
- Over time, vinegar may cause a burning sensation on the skin.
- See a doctor if you have more than four lesions or if your lesions are very large.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for