When you need to zero a new scope or you simply want to fire from a stable shooting platform, a shooting sand bag will help you considerably. You don't need to pay for an expensive shooting bag. It is quite simple to make a nice, solid rest yourself without spending a lot of money.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Tube sock or trouser leg
Find a tube sock or pant leg that has been sewn closed at one end. Use about half of a trouser leg . Denim is a great material for constructing a shooting sand bag because it is very durable.
Fill the sock or closed trouser leg halfway with dry sand or cat litter. Any type of sand will work as long as the sand is dry and not clumpy.
Tie the excess sock (or the open end of the pant leg) in a knot.
Place the shooting sand bag under the forward grip of the rifle. Squeeze the shooting sand bag to raise the muzzle of the weapon to put the round on target.
Making the Shooting Sand Bag
Tips and warnings
- A front and rear shooting sand bag will provide a more stable shooting platform.
- If you elect to use a pant leg, sew it up on one end and then sew it completely shut after a suitable amount of sand has been added.
- Make sure to handle your weapon in a safe manner when using your shooting sandbag.
- Do not put too much sand in the sock. Fill it approximately halfway.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for