Hair extensions are the quickest, and most expensive way to get long and voluminous hair. Two of the most popular ways of putting in hair extensions are with hair glue or sewing the extension wefts into tight braids made out of your own hair. Although they will stay in your hair for a while, they can also be quite damaging to both your scalp and hair. Instead, purchase your own hair wefts and attach them to wig clips. This way, you'll be able to salvage your own hair, and you can put in (and take out) the hair extensions whenever you want.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Human hair extension wefts
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hair glue
- Wig clips
- Needle and thread
Wash your hair extensions using a mild shampoo and conditioner to properly clean them before using.
Cut the wefts into smaller sections so that each section is no longer than one wig clip.
Apply a thin strip of hair glue to the top of one wig clip. Press the top of one small weft to the strip of glue. When held upright, the hair will fall over the wig clip combs, hiding them. Allow two hours for the weft to properly adhere to the glue. Repeat this Step to make as many extension clips as you would like.
Thread a needle. The thread should be the same colour of the extensions to prevent them from being seen through your hair.
Sew the glued wefts to the clips using a simple hemming stitch. Tie the thread into a knot when the entire weft has been sewn down. Cut the excess thread off.
Clip the hair extensions into your hair. You'll want to place them under different sections of your hair to prevent them from being seen.
Tips and warnings
- Although you can find inexpensive synthetic hair extensions, it's best to use human hair. Human hair extensions will be more expensive, but they can be washed, dried, curled, straightened, even dyed like your own hair. They also look much more realistic, as opposed to synthetic hair which can appear plastic-looking.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for